Thursday 8 February 2007

Patience is a virtue?

I'm not great on patience ... like the hurry up and wait syndrome that besets all writers who want their work published. Nor am I great with things that shoot me out of control. Take this morning, we woke up to inches of snow and if there's one thing to send the fear of God into me it's driving on snow (and ice ... yuck). It's because I'm not in control ... the car can skid at any time and there's not much I can do about it except go with the flow. I know, I know, steer into the skid and all that, but my instincts say do the opposite and try and regain control. But if I believe, which I do, that every challenging situation is there to teach us something, what is my lesson here? I think it's learning to just let go. To allow myself to let things that I can't do anything about take care of themselves. Virtually impossible for a control freak like me, but I'll give it a shot.

Loads of things I'm involved in at the moment seem to have invisible barriers between what I want to happen and when and if those things are going to happen at all, and there's not a whole load I can do to influence them.

So, my theme for the week? Go with the flow, baby. And stay positive!

TJ

No comments: