Wednesday 21 February 2007

Mystical meanderings ...

Met a friend for lunch today in Glastonbury. I love going there as I have a weakness for all things King Arthur, Camelot, Merlin, Lancelot ... I think it's a very special place and the atmosphere is always quite magical. We visited the Chalice Well Gardens which were very beautiful, uplifting and spiritual. There are little resting places to sit and enjoy the gardens, quiet spaces to meditate and just be. Daffodils and snowdrops were in abundance, and we drank from the healing waters of the well. Scattered throughout the gardens is the Vesica Piscis symbol - a sacred geometrical figure which shows two interlinked circles representing the masculine and the feminine. Researching the Vesica Piscis is a fascinating (and time-consuming) process, as evidenced by time spent on the Internet when I arrived home, when I really should be writing! But then I feel another story idea formulating ...

TJ

No comments: